Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is Google Making us Stupid?,claims

Carr makes the claim "Over the past few years I've had an uncomfortable sense that someone, or something, has been tinkering with my brain, remapping the neural circuitry, reprogramming the memory". He says that he finds himself drifting from one thing to another not being able to concentrate on anything for a long period of time. The type of reading he use to do is becoming a struggle. Another claim is "For me, as for others, the Net is becoming a universal medium, the conduit for the most of the information that flows through my eyes and ears and into my mind. Being able to access such a wide amount of information in just a matter of seconds is changing the way we store information. Its affecting the capacity for concentration and contemplation. Our brains are being taught to think the same way that the web works.

Tabitha and Chantel

No comments:

Post a Comment