Monday, January 11, 2010

michael wesch-vision

In his recent work “A Vision of Students Today” Michael Wesch brings an important point into discussion that is the fact that kids today have so many distractions in life they’re education may not be their top priority anymore. Wesch uses his own class to display the important message through a video. Bringing into conversation many different specific distractions that kids are faced with today, Wesch includes things like cell phones, television, music, and web pages. Personally, I agree with many points brought up in the video. I have done similar things mentioned in the video myself such as surf the web instead of study, or purchase expensive books I will never look at, simply because I can. Although Wesch does not just out right and say it, I believe that he feels technology has become too much of a distraction as well. This is show through the videos one sided discussion format. The benefits are not mentioned once throughout the video, it focuses strictly on the negative effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment