Monday, January 11, 2010

A Liitle About Me

1) My name is Ian Campbell and I’m a graduate of Mount Baker High… I moved here to Washington during 5th grade from Alaska, a small town called Bethel… My interests at this time are gaming, music, reading certain books in the series that I have, bicycling, and writing poems… I was a band geek, a chess player, an ex-football player and wrestler, and played guitar a few times at guitar club… So really, I fit in anywhere, once you get to know me… This being my second quarter at Whatcom, I haven’t gotten to know a whole lot of people, but it’s just beginning… I plan on a 2 year study and a transfer degree to Western to major in Computer Science: Networking and Security division.

2) The writing I do most frequently is texting, emailing, poems and taking notes for classes and video games (try playing Mist without notes O.o)… And of all the styles of writing I do, texting and writing poetry really stick out the most for me… I text because in this day and age, texting is pretty much the base of all communication in the teenage generation… So resultantly, I do this quite often… And poetry I write on habit… I’ll see something or hear something or even feel something and want to write about it… Usually it doesn’t come to me very fast, but as soon as I get the feel for what I want to write, it just pours onto the paper… Sometimes I like it, but most often than not, I scrap it and start over… Really this writing for me happens anywhere and anytime… It all depends on what I’m doing and where I’m at… And although I probably won’t progress or strive for a major in creative writing, I tend to write poetry because it gives me something to do and also helps to express how I feel occasionally. Also, it helps me to relax when I’m feeling nervous and anxious. It helps me see what the problem is and to help me figure out how to deal with it… I guess for me, poetry plays the role of an escape and a sense of recall and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment